(From 01.06.2017 on wards)
The Kerala state government is intending to make some major changes in the cost and the prize structures of many lotteries conducted by department of lotteries, Kerala State.
Now the best news for the players is the prize pool percentage has been increased by 10%. Now the prize structure has been planed in such a way that 40% of total revenue from the sale is put aside for the prize pool. Now it has been increased as 50%. That will be a welcoming change for the agents as well as buyers. Increase in prize percentage means increase in sale.
The changes are in the draws of Sthree Sakthi, Karunya Plus, Nirmal and Karunya, lotteries. You may noted that all these are 50 rupee tickets. MRP of all these tickets are brought down from Rs.50/- to Rs.30/-. Number of series are to be increased from 5 to 10. The total number of tickets will be raised from 45 Lakh to 90 Lakh at maximum.
KERALA STATE LOTTERIES - RESULT
Changes in First Prizes
Sthree Sakthi (SS) : 60 lakh (earlier it was 1 Crore).
Karunya Plus (KN) : 50 lakh (earlier it was 1 Crore).
Nirmal (NR) : 70 lakh (earlier it was 1 Crore).
Karunya (KR) : 75 lakh (earlier it was 1 Crore).
Note that all the first prizes are reduced and the prize pool percentage is increased so there will be a massive increase in the number of lower tier prizes.
There has been a long time demand from agents and re sellers to bring down the price of weekly lotteries to 30 rupees since the sale of 50 rupee tickets were not going well as expected. A memorandum has been submitted to finance minister regarding this by the unions of Kerala lottery agents and re sellers.
Bringing down the first prizes may be a little disappointment for the plays who aim a first prize but this increases the chance of lower prizes which will keep the interest of players live.
Another important step taken is to improve the security measures in the printing of the tickets. It is told that agents are to be provided with a special type of lens to find out the counterfeit and forged tickets. The lens will be provided to the agents in a subsided price and a training to use the lens will be arranged by the department.